Thursday 15 December 2016

Himalaya

My friend Suzi set me this challenge a couple of days ago, it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. A really good and satisfying challenge which I grappled with for almost 2 days.

  • Write a poem that rhymes that will make your kids smile.
  • It must have at least eight rhyming lines.
  • It must teach them something without them realising (even if that is that dad ain't no poet!) 


Himalaya

In the land of the yak, where the mountains are high,
And the skies are a beautiful blue.
Off we went for a walk, your sweet mummy and I,
Trying hard not to step in yak poo!

We saw views in this, the most amazing of lands,
Which your daddy still dreams of today.
And we drank from the river, ate our food with our hands,
For "dal bhat" should be eaten that way!

We looked up at the stars in the dark mountain sky,
And we both made a wish as one fell,
Can you guess what your mother's wish was? Can you try?
Let me say: mine came true! And I'll tell!




No comments:

Post a Comment